Re: Is it possible?

Hi...

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 08:51:09AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
>>> But when I come the point to configure my modules, I can't do that. Laoding
>>> any module of the menus gives me an unresolved symbol and permission denied
>>> and the mesage, that these are modules from kernel 2.2.19.
>> I find that hard to believe.  That would be a serious bug.

Sure.. and it is our stable now...

>> Unresolved kernel modules would be a bug in the
>> kernel-image-2.2.19-sun4dm (or whatever) package.
>>
>> However, we're really only working on testing (woody) now.
>There are a few modules that should not be built. Most should work.

No.... I can't load any module, I checked it two times, nothing no ppp-
module for example and many others...

>>> My question is, is it true, is the bootkernel from the disk 2.2.15 and the
>>> modules from 2.2.19 or is it an mistake of the greetingstext?
>>>
>>> The next one is, that I have unresolved symbols when I have a clearly
>>> installed debian-sparc and tried depmod -a at five modules. :(
>>>
>>> I do have only the sparc but no cd-rom, it's was borrowed from a friend, so
>>> can't do fuerther test, I think, or they will take a while.
>> there are other ways to install -- floppy, tftp, etc.
>Yep, the install docs cover all of them.

Ok.. I 'll will check this, when I'm at home at tuesday, I think. ...

	Greetings
			Jan

--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"