Re: Modules install

We're drifting towards questions that are more appropriate for debian-user.

Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:41:45AM -0400 wrote:
> > The modules should be on your filesystem already.  To install more you can
> > 1 - use 'modconf'
>
> Cool! modconf is great, but how can I select all the modules en masse? The
> reason I want to do this is because doing each module one at a time is really
> time consuming. Actually, I don't have the first clue about what ISA ethernet
> cards I've got installed, so I want to throw all the 'net' drivers I can at
> the problem. ;-)

For this you don't need/want modconf.  If you want to do the brute-force
method, which has some drawbacks:

# cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`/

Depending on you kernel version you will have modules in net/ or
kernel/net/

# mopdprobe *

Or install the package libdetect0, which, depending on your hardware, will
detect your card and tell you what module to use.

-David