Re: dhcp-client uselessness on powerpc

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 07:51:33AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> Which only proves that the script ran and the daemon is running
> needlessly. I agreed it's screwed up, but not that it fucked up your
> network. My home network is static and my work is dhcp, I switch back
> and forth regularly with dhcp-client managing not to cause problems. I
> would expect that without a dhclient.conf (or whatever) that it doesn't
> configure any interfaces.  So, is your complaint substantive? Has
> dhcp-client actually screwed up your static network (when it runs, that
> is ;-)? Just curious.

yes it has and does, see the bug report.

if the network is statically configured dhcp should /not/ run.

why is this so difficult?  its much faster to just fix the fscking bug
rather then argue stupid excuses not to fix it.

--
Ethan Benson beginning to think i should stop wasting my time on this project
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/