Re: dhcp-client uselessness on powerpc

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 08:44:40PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> I've never had trouble with dhcp-client on my powerpc -- what gives?

maybe its because i have a bootp server instead of a dhcp server, but
accoring to the fucking manual that should not matter.

all the thing does CONSISTENTLY is segfault.

i was talking to manty on irc yesterday who was telling me it
dhcp-client was causing significant problems as well (1 not working,
and 2 if i understood correctly crashing).

personally im thinking we should go back to pump but then i don't give
a damn either way.

another problem with dhcp-client is it prevents manual network
configuration since the maintainer apparently won't remove or alter
the initscript that runs it on every boot.  /etc/network/interfaces is
how we do things since potato its time to move on.  (bug filed over a
year ago).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/