Re: boot-floppies build on powerpc

Rob Baxter <robb@atlantis.phx.mcd.mot.com> writes:

> I've been trying to build the boot-floppies via the boot-floppies
> package (version ?).

Do 'dpkg -l boot-floppies' to determine the version.  I bet it's
2.2.something.

> I'm attempting this in the hopes of creating
> and building a new PowerPC based platform architecture (e.g., PReP,
> CHRP).  I've successfully added a new PowerPC architecture to the
> kernel source, and the kernel indeeds runs on my new architecture.
>
> The boot-floppies build, "make release" more specifically, always
> fails.  The "basedisks.sh" aborts with error.
>
> From what I can tell is that the location of the package
> (xviddectect) is incorrect.  I'm compiling this on a Motorola
> Blackhawk system.

Well, you'll have to hack it on your own to try to fix it. We're not
really working on the 2.2 series anymore; we're working on the 3.0
series, for the woody release.  Bugs like this aren't even a candidate
for fixing in the old version.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>