Re: Install Report (b-f 2.3.6 i386; floppy/net; standard)

Howdy,

Regarding the strange permissions in /dev, I was able to reproduce
these on my system.  It appears that all the symlinks, sockets,
and named pipes (and only these) had weird group ownership.  I
looked in the devices.tar.gz file in debootstrap 0.1.12, and the
groups for symlinks were indeed wacked.  Furthermore, the setgid
bit for /dev was set, which is presumably why the sockets and
pipes have strange groups as well.

When I tried building 0.1.12 locally (using fakeroot), /dev and
the symlinks in devices.tar.gz had the correct groups.  I also
checked 0.1.13, and it appears to have the correct group
information.

Matt