Re: Install Report (b-f 2.3.6 i386; floppy/net; standard)

(-testing cc dropped)

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 03:57:45PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > and setting my proxy worked pretty well. There are a few things that are
> > standard that probably shouldn't be: gcc-3.0, nfs-kernel-server, xlib6g,
> > the debconf/stool stuff, vacation and rblcheck all seem a bit unnecessary.
> Eh? libterm-stool-perl is in optional.

debconf Recommends: it, so dselect pulls it in.

> > I didn't get most/any of base dpkg-reconfigured.
> Yeah, we've been talking about this with regards to mta's and man-db and
> such (anything else you missed having reconfigured?) and it's really
> seeming easier to not have debootstrap install them, and just let
> tasksel select them and have them installed normally.

Uh. Not having base be interactively configured ever seems kinda
spooky. Especially if you want to get stuff out of base-config.deb at
some point.

That aside, it looks like exim might be able to disappear from base.

Cheers,
aj