Re: Install Report (b-f 2.3.6 i386; floppy/net; standard)

Anthony Towns wrote:
> base-config didn't keep what I told it

You mean what you told dbootstrap, I take it. I think this will be fixed
in the next boot-floppies rev, they were using mismatched names for
passing the info.

> base-config also seemed to be a little confused about my proxy settings. It
> managed to get them right some times (I think), but not others. Not quite
> sure what the deal was there.

More details would be appreciated, if you can reproduce it by running
base-config or apt-setup again.

> and setting my proxy worked pretty well. There are a few things that are
> standard that probably shouldn't be: gcc-3.0, nfs-kernel-server, xlib6g,
> the debconf/stool stuff, vacation and rblcheck all seem a bit unnecessary.

Eh? libterm-stool-perl is in optional.

If we're really not going with glibc 3 for woody (and it looks like not
from threads elsewhere), that really must be moved out of standard. The
rest seems unnecessary too except there's probably something depending
on xlib6g.

> I didn't get most/any of base dpkg-reconfigured.

Yeah, we've been talking about this with regards to mta's and man-db and
such (anything else you missed having reconfigured?) and it's really
seeming easier to not have debootstrap install them, and just let
tasksel select them and have them installed normally. That is, if
debootstrap can build base w/o a mta, which I really don't know.

> The end result was 234MB used, which dropped to 174MB used when I ran apt-get
> clean.

Which I have just added to base-config now, since it seems like a
sensible thing to do.

> It'd be nice if more of this report was automated for me: having base-config
> notice I'm installing testing/unstable (rather than stable), and fill out
> a template of this report from /proc/cpuinfo, uname -a, dbootstrap_settings,
> and whatever else would be kind of nifty.

Heh. Send me a patch and I'll think about it.

--
see shy jo