Re: configuration of base packages

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> Joey Hess wrote:
> > So I suppose one workaround for the current problem is to not have
> > debootstrap download exim. Then it will be selected in base-config, and
> > installed, and can prompt to its hearts content.

Yes.

I'm wondering why it was added to base.   I understand it's
priority standard and the default debian MTA, but...

> even better give the user a choice of a couple popular options:
>
> exim (default if debian still wishes it so)
> postfix (many people prefer it)
> some tiny localhost only mta that just gets cron's mail delivered properly.

Sounds like more work than we should be doing at this level... This
sort of thing seems like more of a job for tasksel.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>