Re: 2.3.6 uploaded

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 11:16:35AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 04:56:22PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 01:20:48PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > > Im testing debootstrap now (and build bf 2.3.6 for upload in parallel, just
> > > be patient...)
> > I: Retrieving http://ftp.kernel.org/debian/pool/main/i/ipchains/ipchains_1.3.10-10_m68k.deb
> > E: Couldn't download klogd
> > klogd is not in woody only in testing?
>
> That'll be fixed after tomorrow's dinstall run.
Good to hear.

On the other issue, building 2.3.6 in parallel, it failed now two times in a
row. First, vmelilo was not installed (need to be added in make check,
build-depends [m68k] or somewhere). Then it hang while cleaing
/var/tmp/boot-floppies. I couldn't even delete this dir by hand. Now I
understand why, a loop filesystem was still mounted in that place. The next
try failed after two hours with:
I: mounting loop file /var/tmp/root_8Tibss.bin on '/var/tmp/boot-floppies/mnt.rootdisk'
mount: could not find any free loop device

But this is not true, there are 8 loop devices, only the first one was still
"in use" from the previous try. I didn't check the source, but does the
script explicitely look for loop0? That would not be so nice then. Restarted
yet another build...

In case I can not get a successful build by sunday afternoon, you will
probably have to live a few days/weeks without 2.3.x boot-floppies for m68k.
Going on a rocket campaign, and it takes as long as it takes. Maybe just a
few days, but it might be up to three weeks. With probably not very much net
access... when I come back everything should be much better, but if somebody
has some does and don'ts for Verizon DSL, please send me a PM.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/