Re: 2.3.6 uploaded

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 12:56:35PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 08:05:39PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > Sorry no patch (but I uploaded debootstrap for m68k :-)
>
> I don't suppose you tested it? It'd probably be a good idea to.
No I didn't. I thought you tested it before you uploaded the source?

> Find somewhere with around 100MB free space, cd in there, and as root run
>
> 	debootstrap woody woody-chroot/ http://ftp.kernel.org/debian/
/usr/sbin/debootstrap: wget: command not found

then:
debootstrap woody woody-chroot/ http://ftp.kernel.org/debian/
I: Retrieving http://ftp.kernel.org/debian/dists/woody/Release
E: Failed getting release file
http://ftp.kernel.org/debian/dists/woody/Release

with debootstrap 0.1.13 and 0.1.11. with ftp.at.debian, http.us.d.o, etc.

> (or use some other directory name than woody-chroot/ or some other mirror).
> It'll take a while to run, but it shouldn't be entirely ridiculous. Maybe
> a similar amount of time to a moderately sized apt-get dist-upgrade?
>
> If that works, there's a good chance your boot-floppies will too (whether
> they're 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 or what); if it doesn't there's a good chance that
> there's some bug in debootstrap's m68k support.
So there is a bug? On an i386 box (with 0.1.12) its working. The m68k box is
behing a firewall and I am trying it from insde a chroot, which should not
matter I hope?
Whats so different about m68k, that it is not working???

/usr/lib/debootstrap/arch says m68k, what other arch specific stuff is in
there?

Christian