Re: BF 2.3.6 install - 2 glitches

The modconf is wrong, according 3c509.c:

  #ifdef MODULE
  /* Parameters that may be passed into the module. */
  static int debug = -1;
  static int irq[] = {-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1};
  static int xcvr[] = {-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1};

and somewhare on http://www.scyld.com (in 3c509.html):

  Only the IRQ and transceiver setting may be overridden when using
  the driver as a module. Setting two cards to 10base2/IRQ10 and
  AUI/IRQ11 is done by using the xcvr and irq module options:

    options 3c509 xcvr=3,1 irq=10,11

  (xcvr: 0 = default, 1 = AUI, 2 = undefined, 3 = 10base2, 10baseT)

you simply can't set the io base address for the 3c509 module.

/usr/share/modconf/descr.gz has said the wrong thing for a long time,
it is reported in
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-testing-9901/msg00004.html
under ERROR 2.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  10 270 26 67                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting