Re: base*.tgz is gone, and why it's gone

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 02:41:01PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> but if aj wants base.tgz in all incarnations dead we shall have to
> forgo hard disk and floppy installation methods.

Why? The floppy and harddrive installation requires you to download
images from a new connection. That being that case, it's safe to say you
will have some sort of net connection to complete the installation via
dboostrap.

If you don't have a net connection, use a CD install, since presumably
just having base wont be enough in this case anyway.