Re: laoding drivers (floppy-boot)

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:16:07PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Well, quik has certain boot args.  I would assume yaboot would too.

yes..

> Just has to be handled on a boot-loader by boot-loader basis, I guess.
>
> The option shouldn't appear if it doesn't work at all on the
> boot-loaders for a given arch, however.

what i mean is we will have to write two different `Make System
Bootable' routines for every bootloader.  or else modify the existing
ones to handle this.

yabootconfig for example will not allow you to supply additional
config information asside from bootstrap and root.  however the way it
generates the config file we can simply append "\tappend=\"whatever\""
or perhaps better would be "\tliteral=\"whatever\""

i think thats a tad bit gross though.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/