laoding drivers (floppy-boot)

hi,

i was having a look at debian distribution after working with suse and
hat. first i loaded the installation guide down and studyed the hole
thing. there is pretty information to find. then i loaded all the floppy
images  from stable/main/distr-i386/current/images-1.44. after that i
put the images on floppies as described with dd.

with these floppies i booted and loaded the rescue successfully into
RAM. when i got to the menu for loading additional drivers the system
instructed me to insert the drivers floppy. i did so by putting
driver-1.bin in and got the message, the floppy is not mountable.

please tell me, which floppy was ment?

for new installations, it is important, to find the correct drivers. my
expirence learned me to try it verry quickly.

how can i test easy test the drivers before installing and configuring
linux on systems?
if you know any documentation giving information on this subject, please
give me the pointer to it.

thanks

juerg (stands for george)