Re: critical problems in 2.3.5 prevent release

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 02:39:51PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 01:02:44PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> >
> > They changed it to ignore archive permissions, and leave the
> > existing permissions unchanged.  This sucks if, for instance, the
> > modules installation step sets /lib to be world writable.
>
> is that whats happening?  if so that should be fixed to.  nowhere
> should world writable directories get created because we can't be 100%
> sure they will just get fixed by base-files.  it seems there are alot
> more directories getting created world writable then what the modules
> extraction is doing.

This problem has already been fixed, though for some reason the
bug report never managed to get closed.  Must have been due to
master's downage.  And yes, quite a few directories had funky
permissions as a result of this.  Just switch over to tty2 right
before executing debootstrap and see what all already exists.

Matt