Re: critical problems in 2.3.5 prevent release

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 01:02:44PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:

> They changed it to ignore archive permissions, and leave the
> existing permissions unchanged.  This sucks if, for instance, the
> modules installation step sets /lib to be world writable.

is that whats happening?  if so that should be fixed to.  nowhere
should world writable directories get created because we can't be 100%
sure they will just get fixed by base-files.  it seems there are alot
more directories getting created world writable then what the modules
extraction is doing.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/