Re: critical problems in 2.3.5 prevent release

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 07:51:46AM -0600, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 04:31:01AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > Well, on powerpc at least, the "configure base" step is getting
> > skipped by default.  This leads to lack of /etc/fstab and other evil
> > conditions.
> >
> > on booting into my new system, I didn't have the right inittab in
> > place; it gave me the "true" inittab instead
> >
> > I have uploaded i386 and powerpc images to
> > http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-{i386,powerpc}/current.
> >
> > Someone please test the i386 images to see if they are installable or
> > not.  If someone coudl confirm the powerpc problems as well that
> > would be good.
>
> I tested the i386 images the other day and again last night to
> make sure I wasn't halucinating.  The BusyBox tar issue (bug
> #99627) is present on these floppies and prevents the installed
> system from being usable.

ah ok so thats why this happens..

but based on the reading of this bug report does not the bug lie in
the fact that tar archives have mode 777 permissions saved in the
first place?  or am i misunderstanding the bug report.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/