Re: critical problems in 2.3.5 prevent release

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 12:47:31AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 04:31:01AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > debootstrap is still saying: 'Failure trying to run: dpkg
> > --force-auto-select --force-overwrite --force'
>
> it would be nice if we could get more data as to whats really causing
> this.  ill try and look at this tonite.

In my case (hppa unstable), I got this as a result of gcc-3.0-base
having a postinst that did a "read foo", and ran the shell -e.  stdin
is directed from /dev/null, so the read fails, and '-e' means the
script exits code 1.  I've hacked my dbootstrap to feed debootstrap
a string of '\n' rather than /dev/null for now.

I will file a bug against gcc-3.0 now bugs.d.o is back and I can
see there doesn't appear to be one filed already.