Re: critical problems in 2.3.5 prevent release

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 04:31:01AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Also, I need some poeple on the debian-boot list to file bugs as
> appropriate against debootstrap and such...
>

> * Other really annoying problems (but not blocking 2.3.5 release)
>
> dhcp is failing after the first boot -- is debootstrap grabbing
> dhcp-client when it installs base?

apparently not, i just filed a bug moments ago.

> debootstrap is still saying: 'Failure trying to run: dpkg
> --force-auto-select --force-overwrite --force'

it would be nice if we could get more data as to whats really causing
this.  ill try and look at this tonite.

> the quik booting didn't work on this Wallstreet PowerMac, but that's
> status quo, not a blocker per se.  No, it's not ofpath failing, that
> returns fine (ofpath /dev/hda => /pci/mac-io/ata0/ata-disk@0:).  I
> can't tell if that's actually used to set boot-device because the
> system is going into serial console and I don't have one at the
> moment.

yeah the quik stuff is pretty much going to fail unless you have a
7200, 7300, or 7600.

<BSD-hacker>
buy better hardware
</BSD-hacker>