USB on X86 platform boot

Hello,

sorry for having lost the thread again now, I changed machines several
times between home and workplace and also subscribed fom another address.
The temporary fix or workaround based on the hint from this list, I think
it was Karl Hammar <karl@kalle.csb.ki.se> forwarded to me by Adam. The
(borrowed) PS2 keyboard in place in addition to the USB keyboard of the
machine did help to get past the critical point. Now the machine is
(The original problem is still not fixed, maybe a later kernel does.
Should this workaround be advertized in the faqs or docs somewhere?)

Thanks for all the ideas and support,

Erich