Re: a cvs floppy test to install a woody cd by a BF newbie (report)

* David Whedon <dwhedon@gordian.com> [20010426 17:24]:
> > When installing the base packages there seems to be a problem with
> > exim, the empty config is created on /target and exim checks for
> > it on /, so you get complaints from exim.

> sounds like the exim config should be chrooted.

Err, exim is run in the chroot.  Manty, which error do you get
exactly?  "grep: /etc/aliases: No such file or directory" or
something like?

> > /etc/environment is missing, that breaks termwrap.
> I think that should be provided by debootstrap, file a bug.

It should be written by debootstrap, yes, but boot floppies will have
to tell debootstrap which locale to write in there.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com