Re: Where is the base tarball?

Hello,

> The woody boot-floppies use debootstrap, which builds the base system
> on the fly from individual packages.  These packages can be available
> locally (via a hard drive, CDROM, etc.) or over the network.
I don't really understand what does this mean.

What should I do to get all the stuff, necessary for a CD based install?
If I build a CD with the files in
debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current the system is uninstallable
(from CD), because of the lack of the base tarball.

> The current CVS version of debian-cd should allow you to create CD
> images which contain all of the files necessary.
AFAIK, debian-cd uses the boot stuff from the above directory, so it
produces CDs which you can boot but can not install the system.

> Unfortunately, the woody boot-floppies themselves are seriously
> broken, so you probably won't be able to use your fresh CDs.
I have noticed that, that's why I want to solve this as soon as I can. :)

Attila Nagy                                    e-mail:  Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Budapest Polytechnic (BMF.HU)                   @work: +361 210 1415 (194)
H-1084 Budapest, Tavaszmezo u. 15-17.           cell.: +3630 306 6758