RE: RAID and the installer

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but the compact flavor boot floppy supports
several RAID controllers including the DAC960 (Mylex). (We are talking i386,

>From 5.2 Choosing the Right Installation Set of the installation guide

    ... Finally, `compact' also supports several common
    RAID controllers: DAC960, and Compaq's SMART2 RAID controllers. The
    flavor includes one Rescue Floppy, one root and one driver disk.

I've installed several servers which have nothing but hardware RAID with no
problems (except BTS#88226 which is long since fixed and was easily worked

Now if you're hardware isn't supported by one of the boot floppy flavors, then
yes I think you're in trouble.