Re: Floppy-less booting

>>  ... kernel loaded
>>  ... ramdisk loaded at 0x1800000, size: 1474560 bytes
>> DEFAULT CATCH!, code=0300 at %SAR0: 01608158
>>     %SAR1: 00003030
>
> thats interesting.
>
>> Then I got the OF prompt again. I entered mac-boot, and got just an
>> alternating folder symbol and question mark. Then I used the
>> Control-Cmd-start key combination and it booted back into MacOS.
>>
>> Suggestions? Try the 2.2.19 boot-floppies kernel & root.bin?
>
> i don't know, i have never had that happen before.  looks like ill
> have to download the 2.2.23 boot floppies and see if we hosed them
> again :/

I did download the 2.2.19 bf from archive.debian.org, and tried them, with a
very similar result. Only the addresses were different:

DEFAULT CATCH!, code=0300 at %SAR0: 0160756c  %SAR1: 00083030

I also tried the current bf on an HFS (not +) partition, no difference.

Is there nothing else I need, on the root level of my HFS volume? Just

linux
root.bin
yaboot
yaboot.conf
  ^-- contents:
image=linux
label=install
initrd=root.bin
initrd-size=8192

Is the fact that root.bin is actually a floppy image screwing me up?
Or maybe MacGZip hosed yaboot - but I think it wouldn't get as far as it
does if that was the case.