Re: problem with debian-installer

Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 06:23:38PM +0200 wrote:
> Glenn McGrath wrote:
>
> > Romain BEAUGRAND wrote:
> > >
> > > Does this problem come from busybox ?
> > > If not, where does it come from ?
> > > How do I solve it ???
> > >

> > Yes, it was due to some changes i made to gunzip between busybox 0.50
> > and and 0.51.
> > If you use busybox 0.50 it should be ok.
> >
> > Ive just checked the changes into CVS, not sure how long they will take
> > to filter through though.
> >
> > Glenn
> >
> > --
>
> I've tried debian installer using BusyBox 0.50
> Right, It now is doing something for sure, downloading files etc ...
> But it still finishs with error messages :
>
> Unexpected end of file
> ar : command not found
>
> I'm sure ar has been compiled in BusyBox and the symlink has been created.
> so, if anybody knows something about it :-)

I don't believe anyone has actually installed a system with debian-installer
yet, so you are in uncharted territory.  It could be something really simple, or
not.

Many of us are working on woody boot-floppies at the moment.  I for one am
looking forward to finishing up woody bf and turning my efforts towards
debian-installer.

Good luck :-)

David