problem with debian-installer

Hello,

When I'm using debian-installer bootdisk (compiled by myself), it seems
like wget or something else doesn't work.

- I configure the network
- Choose : 1. Finish setting up the Debian installer
- Choose : 1. http protocol
- Then United-State  --->  debian.tod.net (which seemed to work with a
    net-1440.img file I downloaded before)
- Then, the following error messages are printed :
            Usage : zcat FILE
            ar : not found
            corrupted status flag !!!

I tried to include ar in busybox, but wget (or something else) still
didn't work.
I also tried to use the zcat from my system ....  still didn't work

Does this problem come from busybox ?
If not, where does it come from ?
How do I solve it ???

In advance, thank you :-]

PS : I'd like to know if Debian-Installer project is moving fast, and
when (if you know) it is supposed to be finished .