Re: Boot floppies 2.2.23

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 08:39:43PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 03:23:32PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > > Is there anything else holding up 2.2.23?  Can I tag it, or do you
> > > want to?
> >
> > I haven't looked at the CVS, but unless someone's fixed it 2.2.22 is
> > broken for m68k - there's no bootstra.ttp file in m68k-specials (it's
> > the Atari bootloader AIUI). If this hasn't already been fixed can
> > someone do so for 2.2.23?
>
> Um, there never was such a file in boot-floppies CVS.

Ah, right, ok.

> If I recall, building on m68k in particular needs a lot of files
> external to CVS for some reason. Poor ghetto port that it is.

The bootstra.tpp file is the only one I've actually come across so far.
Perhaps a mention of it in the readme might be a good idea.

> > Also 2.2.23 might want to wait until 2.2.19 is in stable for m68k -
> > it's in unstable, but I believe the fact it's not in stable is just
> > an oversight and is to be rectified.
>
> No, we're not waiting.  I don't think anyone is even working on
> boot-floppies from m68k for Potato, so if I had to wait I'd wait
> forever.
>
> Unless you're volunteering?

I'm currently working on them. Or at least trying to build them (and I
appear to have got Atari, Amiga, Mac & vme6000 done). It's a slow
process however.

> If so, I'd be happy to do a 2.2.24 with m68k kernel updates and fixes
> if needed.

Ok. I'll continue working away at them and once I have them working I'll
let you know and provide a patch?

J.

--
Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.