modutils udebs status? was: Re: How I can test the new Debian installation?

> deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ unstable main/debian-installer
> deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ unstable main
> deb-src ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian/ unstable main
>
> (are those last 2 lines required? I doubt it...)
I don't think so.

> but it can't find the "modutils-basic" package. Where can these be
> found?
still in the BTS.  I cc'ed the BTS on this one.  If there is anything I can do,
Wichert, I'm happy to do it.

In the meantime you can either get the patches off the BTS to build a modutils
udeb (you should grab the last patch, there are several):
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=83608&repeatmerged=yes

Otherwise remove modutils-basic from the list and manually copy in modprobe.

-David