stuff I can work on - Woody branch

Here's my commentary on the Woody branch of the todo file. Sorry about the
false start.

	Bruce

> - test integration of AJ's dynamic base building package 'debootstrap'
>   it is now called by dbootstrap, has been tested some. Still need
>   to add support for cdrom installs, currently only net install is supported.

I have the necessary background, but no previous experience with this script.

> - fold out mklib.sh (library reduction) into it's own package
>   Marcus Brinkmann promised to do this

I can help with this, I wrote the predecessor of this script.

> - eliminate all "configure the base system" steps -- they should be
>   handled, ideally, be debconf stuff run devolved into the right
>   packages

Again, is this in the boot-floppies or the installer project?

> - eliminate top-level makefile grossness
>   Randolph and Adam are working on this, is underway

I can help if it's necessary.

> - our hacked version of newt and slang have been removed.
>   Any necessary changes need to propogate into woody !

I first put NEWT into the installer long ago, so I have some experience with
it. Any clue about what changes are necessary?

> - eliminate lilo configuration ?
> - go with grub ?

Does GRUB work with Reiser FS yet? LILO should, because of its design.

> - another nice thing would be reiserfs support, see
>   <URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot-0010/msg00191.html> --
>   would need mkreiserfs, devfsd, a patched kernel for 2.2.x (or go
>   with 2.4 kernels!), possible reiserfsprogs?

Can do.

> - SiteROCK automation patches
>   Adam is evaluating

I don't know about them.

> - [2000.05.15] dialog box msg for "harddisk" option is very obscure

Can do.

> - [10/30/1998, joey] The user should only be queried once for the
>   cd-rom path if the path that was provided at the first place
>   matches the need at the second place, too. Ditto for other media.

Can do.