Re: software raid support on install

David Whedon <dwhedon@gordian.com> writes:

> Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 03:04:48PM -0600 wrote:
> > Has anyone been working on support for root software raid for the debian
> > installer yet?

> If your referring to debian-installer, the replacement for boot-floppies, I
> don't think anything has been done in that area.  If you are referring to
> boot-floppies, I don't know.

Yes, I'd like to support this in woody, and that means supporting this
in woody boot-floppies (since debian-installer won't be ready).

I'm not all that familiar with raid however, so I need hackers to sign
up.

> > I am interested in starting up a project to do so, and was wondering if
> > there was any existing work.
>
> Great. Right now debian-installer can generate boot disks
[...]

Yeah, but it won't help anyone to work on that for the next release!
Work instead on boot-floppies!