Re: reduced d-i demo3

On Sat Jan 13, 2001 at 01:28:10PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:

> I still haven't really ruled out uclibc BTW, but we seem to be doing fine
> on size as-is.

I realise that uClibc is probably not going to be needed or used,
but mostly for the FYI department, I thought you might be interested.

    http://opensource.lineo.com/lists/busybox/2001-January/001516.html

To summarize for the impatient, as of this morning uClibc can now build shared
libraries on x86.  Size of the x86 uClibc shared library is only 136k.  All the
apps in the uClibc test suite work, and both Busybox and TinyLogin compile and
run.  I finished up the last of the work needed to make this happen late last
night.

<and I must appologize for my much delayed debian-boot and debian-installer
deliverables -- I'm still living in a hotel in Sweden and they keep wanting me
to just stay "one more day".   On the plus side, there is nothing to do here
but write code...>

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen@lineo.com