Re: [VA-Debian] Comments from a first-time Debian install.....

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Ted recommended that one of the tasks be made to represent the
> standard packages.  I think this is a very good idea.  Let it be
> checked by default.

I think there are two problems:

1. How do we get this package; must it be rebuilt every time a package
   is added/removed from standard? It would need to keep track of
   differences accross architectures too.
2. Making it be selected by default in tasksel is not surrently
   supported. It occurs to me though that tasksel could look at package
   status and mark all tasks that are installed or are marked for install.
   Then base-config could just
   'echo task-standard install | dpkg --set-selections' before running
   tasksel.

--
see shy jo