Re: Installing with 2.4.0-test8 and devfs, problem with floppy

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 01:32:13PM +0200 , Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> So instead of having 2 different inittabs to choose from I changed
> init.c to cope with it. I also changed getty to cope with it (diff is
> send to maintainer and upstream) for after installation.

couldn't the rescue floppy have devfs packagem that installs the
"compatibility links" in /dev, so if init discovers it's running 2.4 kernel
with devfs it executes it and we have /dev/hda again.
And the documentation stays the same. You'll still have /dev/hda1 and not
/dev/ide/0/1 (or whatever).

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

* Joy sees a potato running down the street and shouting "I'm late! I'm late!" ;))