Re: Installing with 2.4.0-test8 and devfs, problem with floppy

Glenn McGrath <bug1@optushome.com.au> writes:

> Hi, i checked out your diff, i havent gotten very far into it yet, but
> see youve done some customisations to get init working with devfs.
>
> There is a simpler solution, change the following lines from
> ./busybox/scripts/inittab

The problem is that most people have old kernels and news kernels and
might or might not use devfs. So changing the inittab will break
kernels without devfs.

I want to be able to put a 2.2.x kernel onto the rescue disk and have
it work, or a 2.4.0 without devfs or one with.

So instead of having 2 different inittabs to choose from I changed
init.c to cope with it. I also changed getty to cope with it (diff is
send to maintainer and upstream) for after installation.

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin