Boot Virus

Hello Everyone:

I am still new to Linux and have made good use of the available packages.
Linux is installed on a machine that use to run a buggy Windows NT. The hard
drive was formatted and Linux was installed. Upon first boot of Linux a
warning appeared about a boot virus. Probably the reason that NT was so
buggy. I have been getting around the virus by using a boot disk but I would
like to know how to get rid of this thing. I have become too familiar with
the single user shell at boot and the use of fsck. Presently there is not
much data on the Linux machine and it can easily be backed up should the
system need to be formatted and Linux reinstalled.

Chris