potato from cd

Hubert
Schäferhoff
15.9.00
An den Eichen 35
48157 Münster
e-mail: h.schaeferhoff@gmx.de

Dear people,
I tried to install the debian gnu linux 2.2 "potato" on an old pentium
mashine. I started with the rescue and the root floppy disk and the base
sytem was installed from the cd-rom drive. After rebooting the system
with the prepared boot floppy disk the base system was configured and I
tried to install the packages. But suddenly the program couldn`t find
the cd-rom drive and I got the message: "Too many levels of symbolic
links." I logged in as root and tried to mount it by hand but I failed.
The mistake is reproducable and i don`t know what to do.

                                                          Hubert