Re: redesigning the debian installer

Massimo Dal Zotto wrote:
> But if you want for example to install many similar machine from a cdrom
> how can you specify which machine (hostname, ip, etc.) you are installing
> without any prompting?

DHCP

(Buit I have no problem with allowing an automatic installation to be
started manually. Another thing to keep in mind is that it would be
possible to make the debconf db provided for an automatica installation
include answers to every question _except_ the hostname. Then the
install is automatic except you get to walk around and enter the
hostname or whatever.)

--
see shy jo