Re: Install doesn't find internal atapi zip 250

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> unai <unai@posta.unizar.es> writes:
>
> > It's about installing on a zip 250. kernel 2.2.17-idepci find without
> > problem the internal zip 250 drive (/dev/hdb). Partitions, filesystem
> > and mounting are done without problem from the command line, but the
> > installation finds only the harddisk (/dev/hda). There is no CDROM.
> > Installation works correctly after mounting in /target. Only keyboard
> > configuration doesn't hold (It can be another problem...). I don't know
> > if it's a bug or removable atapi devices are considered different...
>
> No, those should work -- I'm suprised.   Can you file a bug?
> Include /proc/ide/hdb/media in the bug report.
>
> If you're a hacker, look at autodetect_cdrom in choose_medium.c.

Sorry, may be I was no so clear. I'am installing *on* the zip, not
*from* the zip. It's the step "Partition a Hard Disk" that shows only
the hard disk. That's why I'm not sure if it's a bug (well, there is a
message warning about the posibility of being offered a CDROM, so I
thought may be the atapi zip will be also offered...).

Installing *from* the zip 250 looks to work fine (about choose medium).
Only there is always offering /dev/hdb4 when chossed zip medium (it was
configured with only a linux partition /dev/hdb1). But there is the
custom option, so no problem.

Cheers,

Unai