Re: bf rewrite?

Nathan Valentine wrote:
> It might also be nice work out some way to make the install
> code work well with both Linux and the Hurd. I looked at some
> of the code before thinking that maybe I could hack out some
> very basic Hurd install disks, but it was just too hairy.

I've heard plans to make the hurd always use linux to install. I
don't think it's gonna fit on a floppy.. (On the other hand, perhaps a
hurd install from CD might be doable.)

I hope there are hurd folks on this list (debian-boot). We're
rewriting the Debian installer and it would be good to have input from
you as we design it to make sure it's useful for the hurd too.

see shy jo