Re: bf rewrite?

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 01:19:44PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> I've heard plans to make the hurd always use linux to install.

You should probably check your sources.

> I hope there are hurd folks on this list (debian-boot).

I will try to check occasionally, but as the Hurd distribution is in an early
stage, we don't have a concrete picture on how the final install will look
like. However, we will have a base system just like linux has, and we will
have a boot disk, but we will need an extra root disk, too. (You are right
that a complete system doesn't fit on one floppy).

If you keep the individual steps in the installer modular, it should be
straightforward to replace some of them with hurd specific ones, leave out
others and add our own.

Thanks,
Marcus