Re: New release of boot-floppies

Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> Forgot about that.  Well, I don't consider it release critical but
> since everybody will see it, it will give a very bad impression of
> Debian, they can't even create boot-floppies.

>From source?  Eh?  What bug# is this?

> When do you plan to release 2.1.17 and when will the release manager
> release 2.2r1?  If there is not much time between, pressed CDs will
> contain r1, if not they'll contain this bug.

I'm not sure.  I guess I'm cool with releasing 2.2.17 once we go thru
the build process and give it some testing.  Perhaps no point in
waiting.

Even without a point release, the CD vendors often pickup new version
of boot-floppies and such.

As for 2.2r1, I don't know whne that will happen.  We'd have to ask on
debian-release.  I would guess within 6 weeks of potato release we'll
have at least one point release.