Re: a suggestion

tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de writes:
> > tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> > > I will be trying this out tomorrow.  The plan is to use debian-cd to
> > > build a Debian CD with the boot floppies but a totally empty package
> > > list.  We will be installing a friend's new PC and he asked me to help
> > > him use Debian, and so it's a good thing for us to try.
> > >
> > > I will report back on my experiences.
> >
> > Try to set the size limit right down to 40 MB (or whatever the CDs can
> > hold). Might even work.
>
> Part of the point of the exercise for me is to minimize download time,
> and I'm afraid debian-cd just isn't up to dealing with the world if
> there isn't a complete mirror available on local disk.

Sorry you didn't succeed.  However, there is a linuxcare website
somewhere that shows how to take base2_2.tgz to make a bootable
business card cd or something.  Search for that with google.

If you do succeed and want to help save the world, then write up some
instructions (ascii is fine) and I could try to integrate that to the
technical notes section in the install manual.