Re: not i18ned part in b-f 2.2.15

Sorry for delay.

In <[🔎] oazonj6sj7.fsf@arroz.fake>,  on 15 Jul 2000 16:35:24 -0400,
 Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> > Maybe Chinese and Korean people can use the scheme by adding
> > their setup in "case $LANG in".
> >
> > If this can be used, then I propose to put this into CVS
> > as scripts/rootdisk/prototype/sbin/termwrap, and to add lines at
> > the end of extract_base() in utilities/dbootstrap/extract_base.c
> > in the way:
> >
> >    if (NAME_ISREG("/target/etc/inittab",&statbuf)) {
> >      rename("/target/etc/inittab","/target/etc/inittab.real");
> >    }
> >    sprintf(prtbuf,"cp %s %s","/etc/inittab.install","/target/etc/inittab");
> >    execlog(prtbuf, LOG_INFO);
> > +
> > +  sprintf(prtbuf,"cp %s %s","/sbin/termrap","/target/sbin/termwrap");
> > +  execlog(prtbuf, LOG_INFO);
> > +  sprintf(prtbuf,"chmod 755 %s","/target/sbin/termwrap");
> > +  execlog(prtbuf, LOG_INFO);
> >
> >   sync();
> >   return 0;
> > }
> >
> > How do you think this ?
>
> Why would we do it this way and not just have it be added as part of
> base2_2.tgz ?

How this can be implemented ? To create a package including
the script above, and get it into base ?

If you think that it is better to have a package for "termwrap",
then I will recommend yosshy (Akira YOSHIYAMA) to create it, and
I will sponsor to upload it.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>