Re: [potato] an installation report

> before dbootstrap's start threre appear LOTS of "modprobe: modprobe: Can't
> open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep (No such file or
> directory)"

as reported earlier, this is not really a bug, and there isn't very much
we can do about it. This is only a "problem" on the main/udma66 floppies
that have unix.o built as a module. You don't see these on other
kernels.

> Starting PCMCIA services: modules/lib/modules/2.2.17/pcmcia/i82365.o
> init_module: Device or resource busy
> Hint: this error can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
>  invalid IO or IRQ parameters
> ds: no socket drivers loaded!
> /lib/modules/2.2.17/pcmcia/ds.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
> Hint: this error can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
>  invalid IO or IRQ parameters
> cardmgr.
> [...]
>
> I do not have PCMCIA on that system. Maybe /etc/init.d/pcmcia should check
> if "configure PCMCIA" was chosen during dbootstrap?

perhaps file a (wishlist) bug against pcmcia? actually this info is written by
dbootstrap and debconf should offer to remove pcmcia from your system if
you don't need pcmcia .

> wnen I did not configure my network card (i.e. did not load appropriate
> module driver) the following appears at the end:
>
> Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (null)
> (null) login:
>
> and /etc/hosts contains only:
> 127.0.0.1	(null) localhost

i thought we fixed this... <Sigh>

> Doing ls -al on VT2 shows:
> /lib/modules -> /target/lib/modules /target/lib/modules -> ...

i thought we fixed this too ... :-(

> There is no "have fun" screen if you: [Q]uit dselect without using any of
> it's options

iirc joey had a reason for this. forgot what it is though.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/