Re: tasksel problem

> > Maybe we could mark the mail-transport-agent virtual package as important
>
> And just how do you suggest we do that? :-P

No idea. I don't even know if this is possible. Maybe we could define a
base-system task which is automatically selected by tasksel and depends
on mail-transport-agent and other important packages.

> > Another solution would be having the possibility to load a user defined
> > package selection list after tasksel has done its job. Here exim could be
> > marked for deinstallation and another mta selected instead.
> >
> > The tasksel behaviour is very annoying on this point. There is no way for
> > the user to add more packages to the tasksel selection list. I have such a
> > list on a floppy but can't load it until the installation is completed.
> >
> > Can we add to the tasksel postinst a prompt for loading a user package list
> > from a file?
>
> You can always use the apt setup to register another apt source and have
> task packages in there.

Yes, but I would like a simpler mechanism which would allow me just adding
or removing standard packages from the tasksel generated selections by
defining more tasks, just deselect exim and select gpm and sendmail.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: finger dz@tango.cs.unitn.it  |