2.2.16?

What's our timeline for 2.2.16?

I am rather concerned about the modprobe reports posted to the list earlier.

   From: "Matt Kraai" <kraai@alumni.carnegiemellon.edu>
   To: debian-testing@lists.debian.org, debian-boot@lists.debian.org
   Subject: Re: 2.2.16 i386 build available for testing

   [ the gist of it is this message, on startup: ]
   modprobe: modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep (No such file or directory)

I would have sworn we have seen this before and fixed it. It has something
to do with kmod or something.... someone on irc reported that booting with
init=/bin/sh still causes this message to show up, so it's probably not init
related. Have we changed anything recently that might cause this?
imo this needs to be fixed before we release 2.2.16

with regards for RC bugs in the BTS:

 64371 Smart Array RAID Compaq do not see at boot

I don't think this is RC, and would tend to suggest downgrading it. Many
other people have reported successful installs with the raid controllers on
compaq machines, so this may be simply a case of a particular hardware type
that is not supported.

 64500 subject boot-floppies don't want to install kernel & modules on ppc/apus.

Can some ppc people explain if this is really RC?

 64823 incorrect LILO automatic placement on i386

ISTR some discussions about why we don't allow what the bug submitter
wanted, because it doesn't work in certain configurations or something.
Mark, are you still around? Maybe you know?

Again I don't think this is RC, suggest downgrading...

 65515 boot-floppies: update-modules requires /bin/bash

should be fixed now, and marked closable in boot-floppies CVS

 65988 modules unavailable because of wierd symlink

again, i swear we had fixed this... <sigh> the dbootstrap symlink stuff is
so hackish. someone mentioned this may be related to netfetch, but other
people have done installs without problems. can someone double check this?
if this is still causing problems it is definitely RC.

 66284 PCMCIA Network setup not working

may be user error.... can someone verify that pcmcia installs work ok?

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/