boot lockup, can't install

Hi.

I have a Pentium III (550 MHz) here, Adaptec (7880) that is
not booting correctly. It goes to the adaptec setup, all is
ok, but it hangs (no NumLock change possible any more) there.

If I build a customized boot disc (make zdisk) it works ok,
no problems there. Therefore the question comes up: How do I
exchange the actual kernel in the rescue.bin? Building the
whole set is like hours to get the dependancies... is there
an easy way to exchange just that?

(boot floppies from 2000-06-07)

Thanks,
Alexander

(please Cc to this address, I am subscribed at home)

--
SGH mbH Internet Division, Systems Administration, ako4-ripe
Hannover, Germany, Phone +49 511 909198 0, Fax +49 511 391307