Re: install problem

Hey, I moved some files around and it finally went through. tty3 was
usefull in seeing what it was actually wanting. The displays in the
installer always reference images-1.44/rescue.bin which i think is wrong,
it should be more descriptive, because on that screen in tty3 it was
looking in a different path ;-/

> :(( that's bad. Any special commang line

I didn't use any other args

> OK. I now know, why is this happening. The kernel doesn't get the correct
> parameters. It works, when you boot from a floppy, but the install.bat doesn't
> pass those parameters :((
>
> So either boot from a floppy :(
> or you can add this "disksize=1.44 flavor=idepci" (without the quotes) at the
> end of the line in install.bat. This is untested, but should work. This should
> be fixed in the next version of boot-floppies.

Well cool, might want to do that for all the flavors and provide the
correct batch file.  Also I noticed getting the install files its a pain
in the butt to get something here, then few more things 2 levels deeper
there, and so on piecing together stuff. Horrible way to install for
people. Can't it just be grouped into 4-5 flavor directories, so you just
recursively yank the apropriate flavor dir and you're set.

Anyhow, thanks for the insight which led me to finally fix it and install.
Two heads are better than one.

Thanks Petr

--      Robi

-- Rob Markovic