Re: bf build with lang chooser turned on

Taketoshi Sano <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp> writes:

> Since woody version of b-f will be drastically changed, I prefer
> to do the minimal change in order to use the language chooser
> in potato version.

Agreed.  i18n is important to me, even if I can't help, other than
cheering people on.

> Maybe it is possible to update the patch for slang 1.4.1, I think.
> But backporting for 1.3.9 seems to be too hard. The potato version
> of slang1 is 1.3.9, so if it is possible to add utf8 support on
> 1.3.9, then it will be benefitical for us to build the i18n version
> of potato b-f. I don't know if this can be done though.

This seems to be a serious sticking point.

If all else fails, we can even add this to the boot-floppies CVS
module or elase make another module with the same CVSROOT just for
this.  This is if we can't count on the *package* being in Potato but
we still need i18n bf to build with it.

> > >  - to commit the source of libutf8 as utilities/libutf8 in cvs for b-f
> > >    This is required to use the utf8 on bterm.
> > Agree.
>
> Thanks. If there are no objections, please add them into utilities/libutf8.

No objections from me.